Monday, January 4, 2010

"It's An Honor Just Being Nominated..."

Since we have not left the house in nearly a week and a half, I decided I would be "Fun Mom" today and take the kids to the mall after we picked up Jack from school. A little Food Court Pizza (my favorite), run a few errands, "get the stink blowed off" - you get the drift. Just so happened the train was still up. And since I never let my kids ride it ($2 x 3 - you do the math) and since I was being "Fun Mom" today...I said what the heck!


If you can't tell, Brooke is SCREAMING in this picture. Not happy. But I knew she would enjoy it once it started. So what did I do?

I turned to the "Conductor" and simply said:

"Hurry and lock the door. She will be fine."

At which point, he did as I said and then knocked on the window and said:

"Hey! Little boy! Hold on to your sister so she doesn't fall when it starts."
(For Liability Purposes, I'm sure...and a kind heart)


And for the record, I was right. She loved it. And even told Mr. Conductor "Thank You" when it was over.

My first nomination in 2010 for
MOTHER OF THE YEAR.
And it is only January 4th.

I can already tell it's going to be a good year...

4 comments:

  1. Ha - I love it! Your honesty as a mom is refreshing...keep up the good work, Mom of the Year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna lock you in it next time you do that to my baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, I laugh through almost every post you write. You're hilarious and your kids are lucky to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother of the Year for sure! Love you!

    ReplyDelete