As Jack and I were getting ready to depart the school parking lot today, one of the little girl's mother from Jack's class approached the window.
"Is your son in my daughter's class?"
At this point, there is no running and hiding and I can't run over her.
"Yes."
"Is your son Jackson?"
"Yes," I said (instant nervous stomach begins).
She goes on to tell me that her daughter talks about Jack all the time at home and she thinks she has a little crush on him. I told her Jack is pretty fond of her daughter as well...he claims he doesn't know all the girls' names in his class (I know that is not true) but her daughter is one of 3 girls he talks about.
The best part was when the Mom said:
"I asked _____ what it was about Jack that made him so special. She told me it is because he wears nice shirts."
AHH-HAAA! This justifies every argument, meltdown, disagreement, discussion and, occasionally, collaboration as to what shirt Jack is going to wear to school.
I guess I now know why he asks most mornings:

"Do I look cool?"
Someone sure thinks so!
And you balked at the collar requirement!
ReplyDeleteThat is classic!!! First crush...watch out! Next thing you know the girls will be CALLING Jack on the phone. Are you ready for the little hussies Jules???
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Sis