And what a great edition this will be as it is
Will on ASH Wednesday.
I took both boys to church tonight and explained once during the day and again on the ride over that Father (aka GOD to our boys - can't quite get that one figured out) would make a cross on their foreheads with the ashes, it would not hurt, they would not feel anything, don't back away, etc. etc.
So the moment came when folks started heading to the altar for ashes. And Will says - loudly, because my children DO NOT understand the concept of no talking in church, let alone whispering - "Why is everyone getting a boo-boo on their head?"
Thus, I explain the situation again, yada, yada, yada...
As we walk back to the pew Jack says: "Why did he say DUST?"
("For you are dust and unto dust you shall return.")
For the millionith time I tell them to stop talking...
And then the gusto -
We are back at the pew and Will says:
"Mom, I got my ashes. Now I am going to turn black."
I am pretty sure the entire pew behind me was laughing at this point...
...Or was it when Will was "reading" the front of the missal describing Jesus sinking into a "pool of lava?"
Yep...just another mass with the boys. Betcha want to come to our church, huh??!!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment