Let me give you a slight recap of yesterday...and please note:
There are at least 3 instances where I could easily be nominated for Mother of the Year.
I get all the kids dressed and loaded up yesterday for Brooke's 18 month appt. Yes, she is almost 20 months old and I forgot about making the appt. til last week - 1st Nomination. They have been held captive in the house most of the last 2 weeks so I thought we would go to the mall afterwards to blow the stink off.
We get to the doctor, he begins to examine her - which she DOES NOT LIKE - and she proceeds to get VERY upset and...
she vomits everywhere. Like a faucet. Disgusting.
Note: In case you are keeping track - Nomination 2.
At this point, we head home since she and I are in no shape to be out in public. When Brooke goes down for an afternoon nap I send the boys outside to "work." They proceed to remove the snow off our outdoor table. They have fun, I have peace and quiet, the snow gets somewhat removed. And yes, it is freezing outside. But they love it. Possible Nomination 3.

"The Work"

"The Work Crew"

Concentrating...

Smiling for the camera
After that we become "Fun Parents" and take the kids to dreaded Chuck E Cheese for Jack's school fundraiser. That place is so disgusting but my kids think it is heaven on earth. Definite Nomination 4.

Brooke could have sat in this car all night - moving or not!
To top the entire day off, we return home to a noticeable chill in the air...INSIDE our house. Yep...the igniter goes out in our furnace. That equals no heat. Awesome. Thank God my kids have heater/fans for their rooms. Daddy and Mommy, on the other hand...pants and long sleeve shirts and a few extra blankets for bed.
And it is only Wednesday!!??
Oh, Jules. When do you leave for work again? :) Hope Brooke feels better and your house is warm again.
ReplyDeleteOh my, what a crazy day. And you took Brooke to Chuckie Cheese after vomiting!? She did repeat the act on the way home? ? Ick... CiCi's Pizza is way better than Chuckies!
ReplyDeleteGood job training the boys to clean snow. I bet they will repeat this task millions of times in their lives.
Love to you from KY!
PS, Yes I know I spelled Chuck E Cheese incorrectly.... whoops.
ReplyDelete