Thursday, June 24, 2010

Language Lover

Jack is really into languages.

A few weeks ago in the car he said "Hey Mom! I know the spanish word for Jesus!" And proceeded to make a gesture with his hands.
"Hey Mom! I know the spanish word for octopus!" And made another hand gesture.
"Hey Mom! I know the spanish word for father!" Yet again, a hand gesture.
After the light bulb went off in my head I said "Jack...isn't that sign language?"
He looked confused for a minute and then said "No. It is spanish. Well...it might be half spanish, half sign language."
Got it.

The other night Daddy was lying in bed for his "nightly chat" with the boys. Dad was telling Jack the neighbor's dog really seemed to like him. Andy said "You were petting him so well that dog rolled over on his belly and thought "I'll bet this boy is good at scratching bellies, too." 'cause that is what dogs like."
Jack looked at Andy and said "Dad? Do you know dog language?"

See...a lover of ALL languages, just waiting to soak it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment