I had a great MAGIC (my mom's group at church) meeting this week where the topic was "Living in the Moment." Often we get depressed about the past and what we can't change, anxious about the future and the unknown, and forget to be calm and live in the present. A mindset I have tried to come back to often this week as I worry about how to pay for this or yelling at my kids for that...just Live in the Moment. Truly, words to live by.
We also discussed what our perfect Mother's Day would be. Mine was easy...
It would be perfect for me to have my grandmothers and my aunt/godmother back for one perfect Mother's Day to see me with my children. Of course I know they can "see" us and often guide us. But it would be amazing to sit and see them with my babies, as they saw me as a baby. If only...what I wouldn't give for that one perfect day.
On Mother's Day I don't think so much about it being MY day, as I think about mothers who have influenced my life...my Mom, my grandmothers, all my aunts, my sister, Aunt Ju (to my kids!). I especially think of my nephew Cade's birth-mother and pray for her, as she made the ultimate selfless act and allowed my sister to become the fabulous mother we always knew she would be. Happy Mother's Day, indeed!
We received this prayer at my meeting and I wanted to share it, as I feel it is the true essence of what this day is all about.
God our Creator, we pray:
for new mothers, coming to terms with new responsibility;
for expectant mothers, wondering and waiting;
for those who are tired, stressed or depressed;
for those who struggle to balance the tasks of work and family;
for those who are unable to feed their children due to poverty;
for those whose children have physical, mental or emotional disabilities;
for those who have children they do not want;
for those who raise children on their own;
for those who have lost a child;
for those who care for the children of others;
for those whose children have left home;
and for those whose desire to become a mother has not been fulfilled.
Bless all mothers, that their love may be deep and tender, and they may lead their children to know and do what is good, living not for themselves alone, but for God and for others. Amen.
Have a blessed Mother's Day!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a really nice posting, Jules. I hope you have a wonderful day! Have you seen your mom and dad yet? Miss you!
ReplyDeleteS & boys