I wonder what Jesus would do if he sat in on our nightly prayer session. Laugh? Cry? Agree?
Tonight's prayer time was especially enlightening...
Brooke led us in prayer, as she is really trying to learn the Sign of the Cross...looks like she is stirring a pot, but the girl is trying.
After we recite the Our Father and Hail Mary it is time for "special prayer" when the kids can pray for anything they want. Sometimes these are a real doozy.
Will prayed that Wipeout would be on tomorrow night, since we did not have time to watch it tonight. Nice one, Will.
Brooke prayed for "my cake." Especially prayerful tonight, Brooke.
Jack prayed for Jesus, God and Mary. A little sucking up goes a long way.
Tonight I prayed that we all do our best to do God's will. Jack asked what this meant. Andy and I explained that it is doing what God wants you to do - not doing what YOU want to do. We explained that this is very hard to do.
Jack's response?
"Harder than a double-play, Dad?"
Yep, harder than that.
Lord only knows what we will be praying for tomorrow.
The halo is shining so bright over our house you can see us in Alaska.
Have a blessed night!
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! VERY well-written - and hilarious! I keep thinking I should start a journal with the boys' prayers in it...pretty funny stuff! It really lets you know what's on their hearts & minds, doesn't it? Personally, I think it makes God smile. =)
ReplyDeleteI agree, Sarah! I can guarantee God is smiling down on your prayer sessions! We need to get them praying for me to find a husband. I'll take all the prayers I can get :-)
ReplyDelete