Friday, March 5, 2010

Will On...Friday?!

I was afraid I would forget this one so we are getting a dose of Will at the end of the week. That kid is somethin' else.

First, allow me to begin this post with something that is very hard for me to admit.
VERY. HARD.

I have a 4.5 year old that still poops his pants.

WOW - I admitted this to the world. Not sure if I feel better or worse.

This is, by far, the most humiliating Mommy thing of my life.
Jack - potty trained in 7 days. No joke. Will is another story. I have tried everything. And I mean EV-ER-Y-THING to get this kid to use the potty when he needs to "do the deed." But he simply refuses. First, because there were crabs in the toilet that were going to bite his butt. Next, the excuse was "I just like to stand up and do it." For awhile it has been "I will poop on the potty in 4 days." Well let me tell you...those 4 days have come and gone
4. MILLION. TIMES!

With that admission out of the way, here is the rest of the story.

Will likes to pretend that he goes to school like Big Brother Jack. Will wears a backpack everyday to drop Jack off and pick him up. He knows the class roster forward and backward. He hugs Jack's teachers like they are his own (and they will be next year - whether they like it or not). Tonight Will was telling us at the dinner table all about "my school." Will's school is really big. It has WAY more kids than Jack's school and it is really cool. Wanna know what else?! At Will's school everybody poops in their pants - even the 5 year olds - and that is ok. 'Cause everybody does it.

IN. HIS. DREAMS.

Will also likes to talk about his "other family." This is nothing new to us, seeing as Jack had his imaginary friend "Pojo" for almost 2 years. Pojo, who has red hair, has since moved to New York City with his parents, who both have red hair, in their red car. Will's other family lives "around the corner." The best part about Will's "other family?" His "other Dad" is none other than
Carson Palmer.

So tonight, after explaining his "cool school" to us, Will informed us he was leaving tomorrow to go see his other family, including his Dad, Carson Palmer. This is when the "Man of the House"
said: "Well if Carson Palmer is your Dad, then who am I?"

Will looked right at him and said:
"You're Andy. But you have a shirt just like Carson Palmer."
Shirt meaning jersey.


Ohhhhh, that kid. Don't know where he comes up with all this stuff. But life surely would not be as much fun without it...or him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a little cutie!!!!! Love these stories, Julie - so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete